View Single Post
01-20-2006, 11:56 PM
dirkjan is offline dirkjan
Expertise:
Software:

dirkjan is on a distinguished road

Old

in my country, the Netherlands, weed and hash are legal, and we have the lowest percentage of people addicted to drugs in western europe. A lot of people experiment with it, but because it is legal, it is nothing special, so much less interesting for young people. It's like alcoholic drinks. If you make it illigal, it's much more exciting to drink, so more people get addicted to it.

And I think about 25% of all tourists in Amsterdam go partly for the legal drugs policy. There are high taxes on the softdrugs, so it is very good for our economy, so we can use more money to help addicted people to stop.

Ofcourse I have smoked some stuff in the past. Personally I don't like it, but if people want to, why not? You might say they risk their health... but then you should make alcohol and cigarettes forbidden to. If someone wants to **** up his life, it's his own responsibility. And if someone wants to smoke a joint from time to time, it is not so unhealthy, and as long as you don't get addicted and start using more heavy stuff (harddrugs), what's the problem?