02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
controllerboy is offline controllerboy
Expertise:
Software:

controllerboy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to controllerboy

Old

Originally Posted by Matt Walker
I'm not trying to compete against anyone. Hosting makes me very little money and I never expect it to make much at all. I'm not trying to get popular or recognized, because I don't plan on having an online-based hosting company.

I host local companies because I enjoy server administration.

I want to host TalkFreelance members because I want to help freelancers get their name out.

I make enough money (not much, but enough) to do this. If the time comes when I can’t afford to host additional Freelance members any more, which is very doubtful, I would stop accepting new accounts. This wouldn’t affect the members that are already on the server.
well then, if that is the case, take the step and let's see what works out. i thought you wanted to create a well-respected, popular and money making host and using this to kickstart it.that wouldn't have worked.

@Anthony : I disagree. there are plenty of hosts offering free hosting next to their paid hosting, that are now online for several years, and are still doing great. true, alot of free host providers offer crap and die soon, but some offer real quality hosting, where you don't have to pay a buck. you get 50 dollars more that where you paid for.and what's with the namechange ?