View Single Post
02-27-2006, 07:27 PM
brendan is offline brendan
Software:

brendan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by expos1994
I think CMS's are generic. They have a real template sort of feel. I can always tell when someone is using a CMS... easiest way is to look for the copyright at the bottom.

I wouldn't use one for my web design portfolio. That's kind of like saying, I'm a web designer, but I can't even design my own site.

Portfolios are fairly simple sites. They should be very easy to maintain, but they shouldn't look like a wordpress template.
while i agree with you that people shouldn't use default templates for their portfolio sites, there are a bunch of CMS' that allow you complete control over everything... Like rockmedia pointed out, you're confusing CMS with news or blogging software

i use a light CMS that gives me complete control over everything, i could do it the hard way but it's so much easier, and looks much more professional when i show it to a client saying 'this is how easily i can update my site, look at how easy i can make it for you'

anybody not using a CMS and making all their pages by hand is really wasting a lot of their time