View Single Post
05-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Lol, I am not asking for a review based on the design, but on the speed, written content and all round optimising.

Thanks to all who have commented so far, you help me to see things from different perspectives and it is very appreciated.

Thanks Depthskins.

Thanks Northpark, the "i" icon is made to resemble a road sign for information, so is the arrow icon and the main navigation resembles a round-a-bout road sign. I am working on the sitemap page, as I said in my post.

Thanks aLx, I am interested in seeing a screenshot of the image from your perspective, it looks clean and smooth on my monitor, on my partners monitor, on my work monitor, on my friends laptop monitor, on the mac online browser monitor. There is some very slight antialiasing on the circular white section, but it is very minor, even when viewed at 800 x 600 resolution. If you think the text is antialiased then please consider that it is written text in the Arial Black font, it is intentionally in this font because it is a standard font that can display reasonably well fat and large on most browsers. It does look jagged at larger sizes, but I am not willing to compromise text links with image links.

Flez, thanks for your great comments!. I know I have used the center tag flez, this tag is deprecated but allowable in XHTML 1.0 transitional. I have used it for a specific reason, so that my site will display properly in IE 5.01 and IE 5.5 sp2. I should use an alternate stylesheet for this but dont want to make hacks to allow for almost obsolete browsers. I am considering removing the famous quotes from the right column, which will reduce it's length.

About the navigation: it is intentionally large and bold, it is a core feature of the site, it is unusual and "outside the square" of normal navigations. It features a circle (Circle Design), it is also a graphical representation of real-time navigation that all drivers see every single day. It is also unique, I have never seen it before. It is supposed to draw the visitors attention to it, and make it a fun way of navigating with a system all road users navigate by. If it is making the logo pale in comparison then it is doing it's job. My logo is only a secondary part of my website.

So any comments on the speed, written content and all round optimising?