View Single Post
10-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by textz
I have had a bad expierence with an under-age member here at TF, he just went on another forum, found another coder and charged me double the price that he was paying him. I don't see a problem with outsorcing the work, however it took days over the limit to complete and was a real big hassle for a small project. He also claimed that he was doing the work.

I think all of this would be solved with forcing people to display their ages, i do not want to deal with 13 year olds in this feild, just because of my above bad expierence.
The marketplace is top of our hit list for improvements and we are looking at numerous different things to sort it out. I do however disagree with the showing of peoples ages as:

1/. There is no way we can verify a persons age - anyone who thinks that people are going to be heavily influenced by what age they enter is far more likely to lie about it, therefore it becomes pointless.

2/. Buyers should be using a sellers portfolio, references etc to judge a supplier on and not their age - you can get great young designers and terrible older designers. Judge a person on their work and not their age (or what they put their age down as) and you should not go to far wrong.