View Single Post
10-29-2006, 06:20 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

I'm only a student myself, i'm in 6th form (its further education) and i see people designing websites on photoshop elements in school and stuff for their graphics projects for example but they havent got a clue how to code up a website and i was just listening to what they were saying and stuff. One goes "I think you can use FrontPage to make the website with, i dont know how.." it was funny hearing them figure it out.

I think targeting it at a market like a school or a group, i've been thinking of running a nightclass just for a hobby, but i didnt know if it would be wrong of me charge because im not qualified, im just more experienced than them. I think i might give this one a go. Maybe $5/$10 entrance fee every Thursday night for example, it will start from the basics to the more advanced...I suppose i could only target this to people in my school and it wouldn't be online work.

I'm really thinking of writing some ebooks that will be properly illustrated with instructions and guides how to make certain types of layouts, how to use floats, clear: both etc..

Anybody got any ideas of turning this into an online presence and offering something? Anybody willing to team-up? Offering some sort of product or incentive too people who pay.

Anyways, its all just a big blur to me atm, i'm going to give it a think over the next week.