View Single Post
11-11-2006, 05:16 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

That's a fake if I ever saw one.

How can an excavator be pulled through a bridge?

This happened when I was driving home one day and the excavator was pulled off the truck. The truck was travelling at 100km/hr (60mph) and it simply snapped the chains holding the excavator and dumped the excavator on the ground. The bridge was not even damaged! I saw this first hand, so there is no doubt in my mind those images are fakes. The excavator I saw was over 25,000kg, on a 15,000kg truck.

That image depicts the excavator as having already gone almost right through the whole bridge and then it's been moved back 1/3 into the bridge. Who in their right mind would move the excavator back into the bridge when it was almost all the way through it? How can an excavator rip through solid I beam steel? You can only see reinforcing rebars, where are the I beams that are always used in bridge construction?

Also if you note the truck trailer, the mudguards are to the right of the image, that tells me the vehicle was moving from right to left. Why does the damage begin at the left of the bridge?