View Single Post
12-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with a lot of what you are all saying, I am going to rewrite this guideline to better suit our members sale requirements.

Thanks all for your comments, the guideline was there for one reason, to "you can't artificially pump up the bidding via other sites". There has been concern of people using fake bidders/friends etc from other sites to boost the bidding here. At least here we can check members details to ascertain whether or not they are scamming. But i'll change this to reflect your needs. If there are problems with scammers from this it's your problems, not Talkfreelances problem.

Update:

I have edited the guidelines to reflect the new requirements:

Selling services or products on other sites

Sellers can sell on other sites but are not allowed to artificially pump up the bidding via other sites. You will need solid proof of other bids at the request of staff, bidders or potential bidders. If you cannot provide solid proof of other bids you could be warned and possibly go on vacation. Please note that you have to observe the guideline above this one as well. You need to post all relevant information about your sale here, and not use other sites to solicit Talkfreelance members.

Buyers, this is a case of buyer beware. If you are in any kind of doubt as to the legitimacy of an outside bid, it is up to you to research the outside bid.

Thoughts, comments?