View Single Post
05-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Koobi is offline Koobi
Software:

Koobi is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by DesignsbyPam
Thanks for the help Jonny. I'm down to one error... the background. Can't seem to figure it out. As you can probably guess, I'm still learning alot of the css stuff. Little by little but I'm getting there.

That's why that css book would come in real handy

Pamela

Here's a very general use of the background property in CSS
Code:
background: #fff url(images/image.png) repeat-x 0 0;

Originally Posted by Aphex
However, does it really matter, if the site generally works in all browsers?
It matters a lot IMO.
Let's take an example, IE renders a page in "quirks mode" (meaning it tries to fix things on it's own; "tries" being the keyword) if you don't have a Doctype, for example but this is the wrong way to go about doing things, so let's assume that the IE team decide to do the right thing and display the page as it is without a doctype, now your page will have a problem.
There are so many other scenario's I can think of, the key scenario being that if something is MEANT to be a certain way, then that's for a reason so we should code according to standards otherwise we end up in a messed up standards-non-compliant world and inefficiency kicks in and it becomes hard to share and exchange data blah blah blah (I can go on if you like heh heh)

I believe that if a page is not valid, the parser (in this case the browser) should'nt display the page (just like the XML renderers that display an error if an XML document is not valid XML)...but that's just me.