Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Originally Posted by VincePirez View Post
Your website says:

Dedicated Server
Dual Xeon 2.66 Ghz w/ HT
2GB RAM
etc.

First post here, but I'd also like to state that I've been in the hosting business for around 6 years now, and I'm shocked that you are advertising the specifications of the server you're selling these "digg effect guaranteed" packages on.

No immediate offense intended, but the specifications of your server blow big time. A 2.66GHz Xeon? Old. Only 2GB RAM? That'll begin swapping like mad when enough child processes get going. MySQL on the same box? Even worse, more key_read swapping action.

Even *if*, as you state, you have custom compiled Kernels and you've configured Apache for speed and reliability, along with MySQL, you're still going to have a VERY hard time maintaining uptime on any digg effect. If you get multiple digg effects on more than 2 sites on that box, I guarantee you it'll buckle over. Sure, it may still continue serving pages, but what good is that if it takes 30+ seconds to load?

If you can't even maintain 99.9% uptime (which you also "guarantee") on your own site (http://www.brius.com/about/uptime.php) then what makes you so confident with this service?

My advice to you would be to sell dedicated servers for each site, and configure the services efficiently on each of them.. Perhaps then it will indeed be a "digg effect guaranteed" service. As it stands, 30 sites on a single server? Easy to break.

Good luck with your venture.
I'm flattered you registered just to post that. Thanks.