View Single Post
06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

It seems to be just another "techie gadget" that they are trying to push. It has no real use and their own company knows it.

Check out how hard they are trying to push it:

The TactaPad is designed for computer users whose productivity depends on how quickly and effectively they can interact with their computer.
What a load of rubbish.

And:

Fewer Errors
Today's interfaces rely heavily on visual feedback. Because our visual attention quickly moves around the display as we work, it's easy to miss something. The mouse exacerbates the problem by providing false feedback — it always goes “click” even when your click does nothing.
And:

Unobtrusive
Haha, that's priceless, how can a big fat hand on your monitor be unobtrusive?

Lol, I love the 2 handed page:

Two hands are better than one
And this comment:

Imagine the fluidity of touch typing, but with your hands over a graphical interface instead of the keyboard
Imagine the annoyance of having a keyboard on your monitor each time you want to type?

Anybody can multitask at the moment, simply use the keyboard and mouse at the same time. I do when designing. I also use my tablet in my left hand and mouse in my right when using photoshop, why would I need to see my big fat hands on the monitor? Also, how precise is this gadget? My logitech MX500 mouse is extremely precise.

I think this type of gadget might be better marketed at people who have major problems using keyboards and mouses.

Robson, this ain't a flame...I am just so amused by that whole gadget and can't believe it! lmao

I just had to give my 2˘ worth, albeit demeaning.