View Single Post
09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Drew View Post
You're right people dump tons of money into branding, but branding isn't all about the logo. Do you think google or ebay has established it's brand JUST because of the logo?
the logo is the face of the brand though. half of the money is usually spent on application like signage, uniforms etc, but it's still a very important part of the process and it's what people will interact with the most.

i agree a web hosting company doesn't need a deep, thought provoking logo because it doesn't do anything deep or thought provoking, but why shouldn't it try? who aims for good enough?

regardless of intensity, a logo should have a concept in some way. if you want to call yourself a professional the reasons should be deeper than "it looks cool".

amaze, the logo defines what it represents, but not always literally. nixism doesn't have to mean anything as long as stand for something - principle. your slogan is "where clients matter". sounds like you're all about hand holding tech support -> they submit a support ticket and you're on it instantly. caring, fun/enjoyment, safety/reliability, growth - as in your servers function perfectly giving the site no problems and thus it's allowed to grow into something bigger. those are all concepts you could apply to this.

just look at the imagery you've used on the site - a girl with a fat ass grin. why not reflect that excitement? make a smiley face out of the work - use the i's as eyes (bad pun) or something that suggests comfort or safety.

i'm picking on this logo because i came up with that off the top of my head, so unless this was 10 minute job, i'd expect at least that level of thought, and n for nixism is not that.

as i said before, as a graphic, aesthetically it's nice. clean and stylish like a nice coloured button down shirt, but as a logo i expect more thought behind it.