View Single Post
01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old  2008, Was it good or bad for you?

Well for me it was the worst year of my life...

Nov 8th 2008 (Exactly a year after I moved to alaska). My ex-girlfriend was jealous and decided to call the cops and said I grabbed her throat and pulled forward attempting to slam her head into the steering wheel. Then proceeded to choke her for 10 seconds.

I didn't know she had filed these charges against me at the time and it was 4am just after I had given her a movie back. My phone was dead and I crashed at a friends room for the night. Turns out the cops were looking for me, they tried to call me and when that failed they contacted the base and there was a search out for me. Anchorage Police gave me 2 hours to turn myself in or else there would be a warrant out for my arrest. I didn't know they were looking for me at the time so I didn't know to turn myself in. So the warrant was put out and at 10am when I woke up I charged my phone and my First Sergeant wanted to talk to me... I went and turned myself in and was arrested on the spot. Went to jail and the next morning was my arraignment, the judge set the bail at $25,000 cash only and 3rd party custodian (pretty much having someone that can be within sight and sound of you 24/7). I spent 5 days in jail and the bail was dropped to $10,000 cash/corporate with 3rd party. My dad posted my bail for me and picked up a lawyer for me.

I could goto work, the chow hall and had to stay in the dorm otherwise. I couldn't drive my car or anything. My ex flew to New York to be with her husband at the end of Nov (no she wasn't married when we were dating). I was still locked down until Dec 23. Then I became a free man completly with the deal to take a domestic violence Anger Management class. $40 per session, 1 session a week for 6 months.

grrrr.... 2009 oh please be good to me