View Single Post
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
Yeah, that happened some times. Who doesn't get hot-headed though? Especially when there's been others on here, that have done the same things as I have. And they get pampered and received gift baskets.(That was sarcasm by the way, and I'm not going into the "who it is" either.) Sometimes while drinking, the thoughts of that stuff going-on, just upset me. And I spoke my mind harshly. Of course, I should have chosen a better way of saying my feelings and thoughts though. I'm human. Live and learn.
Everyone can get hot-headed, but even so; it should try to be vented. It's considerably easier to not write on a forum if hot-headed than in real life though - you have a lots more time to think about what you write before you post it than in a real life conversation. But the point is, whilst other users may act in a similar way, they are not members of staff which represent not only Zee's business, but the community.

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
While I see your point on this, I wouldn't say that I'm totally the wrong person for managing a community. The issue wasn't managing the forum. It was just verbalizing myself to an admin, while pissed off. But, I'm an awesome moderator. I'm currently helping an elder member from here, with their board. No, not Nick either. And got more stuff done (with no vB back-end knowledge at all, learning as I go) in 24 hours, than was done here in months. No troubles at all with the owner. I just need to learn how to express my feelings, opinions, and etc, in a better way.

If memory serves me well though, another one on staff basically did what I did, and they're back on staff? Sometimes a swift kick in the rear to wake someone up, is in order. I'd love for another chance on staff down the road, if all possible. I just need to learn to keep level headed about things. And or, put an "inter-lock system" on the computer. LOL!

@xhtml2go, thanks!
I'm not saying you're a 'totally the wrong person' at all, you're right: you were great at the moderation, but there's a line that needs to be drawn at some point with what you can say to other members of staff (especially that of a higher tier).

Anyway I don't want to start an argument, just trying to be civil and help explain exactly why I believe action was taken in an effort to be able to move on. Hopefully we've all learnt from this.