View Single Post
04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I should note for anyone interested, an unpaid internship must mean that the work you're doing does not financially benefit the company (eg: you're printing copies of stuff, fetching coffee for people, doing mediocre tasks around the office.)

[...]

Sorry Bryan if it seems I'm putting a damper on your thread but people need to be made aware of unpaid internships.
Originally Posted by Bryan Le View Post
You'll have an opportunity to wear different hats and hone your skills on real clients allowing you to build a very strong portfolio. [...] we'll help you learn the ropes in an elite agency atmosphere and have the chance to work in a real environment with real deadlines. [...] We can offer a small stipend, but this is an unpaid internship. We will work with your school/college to give you credit if applicable. [...] You will shadow me in appropriate meetings and new business opportunities and see the inner workings of the agency world.
Sounds like a far stretch from printing copies and fetching coffee, and frankly, a very fair opportunity.

I am also sure people know what an internship is, especially that, as I understand, a small stipend is available.