View Single Post
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Eric1832

Regarding your first question: I'd go for the conserve your capital option, If you have no valid reason to believe that your firm's site will be detrimental to your business it makes sense to go with what you've got. Launch as big as you need to and plan to evaluate the difference between your business or marketing plan and the real world that is attributable to your web presence at some point in the future. This will put you in a better position to understand what you do need to attract the clientele you want.

I can't answer your question #2, though my inclination is to say that a "good solid design from someone who's done it before..." "with a certain 'wow-factor.' could cost whatever you're willing to pay. Or more.

I confess I don't quite understand what is leading you to consider jettisoning a team that you describe as good and responsive in favor of re-opening the process if you're less than a month from your scheduled launch. Unless maybe it's the fear of not being ready for prime time? (Happens all the time.) I'd be cautious because there is a subset of design firms that will prey on your vulnerabilities, charge in to save the day, toss everything you've got and over-charge you like crazy.