View Single Post
09-08-2005, 04:55 AM
rlevant is offline rlevant
Software:

rlevant is on a distinguished road

Old

What IS FISH? I know what fish are?

I don't think it is so much a matter of being a business man (trust me the people here who know me will really laugh at that one.

If anything it is more of a respect for real people perspective

I learned the hard way. I wanted to set up a good online community for conversation on intellectual topics and ended up "running" my own webserver.

ROTFLMAO

I mean at first I couldn't even form a stupid question about the net. That would have required at least a tad bit of knowledge. And for years each time I thought I FINALLY had a handle on things something new would come up...the community wanted to do some new thing and it would require me to learn a bunch more. Only after a few rounds of this did I start asking stuoid questions (After having to figure out how to install and configure Majordomo (at that time this was still a very big deal)

And dealing with folks doing different parts of web dev stuff I found they all considered the others to be really stupid and naive. Their expertise was very specific. The best things happened when we all figured out how to talk to one another in service of the project.

So it is more the perspective of someone deeply involved in web development and yet very much aware of skills I DONT have. ;-)