View Single Post
10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

Well.. one of the ideas that I have (this project has already been started and should be good to go on Monday) is a “banner management script”. The script is mainly aimed at medium to large websites that spend a lot of time replying to emails from people who want to advertise on there site, agreeing on a price, adding the banner to the website, removing the banner after the campaign is complete etc.

When setup, this script will allow users of the website to register… add funds to there account using paypal, then with those funds they will be able to run banner campaigns on the website without the website owner actually doing a thing.

The website owner can set a price for banners (usually CPM), then the user can add as many banners as they like until the funds in there account run out. They can then re-add funds as and when they like.

There is also a section where users can check on the status of there banners. Impressions + clicks etc.

I think a script of this nature will be a god send to any website owner selling advertising space on there website. Me included.

The other idea I had isn’t such a good one as the market is already half saturated… The script will allow website owners to let there users register for @domain.com email address. A lot like hotmail and gmail. This idea is still in the planning stages.

The way i look at it, its all about marketing.