View Single Post
10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
mderbyshire is offline mderbyshire
Software:

mderbyshire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mderbyshire

Old

Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan were both great - both very convincing, and fit the bill perfectly.

Roger Moore was still very good, there is no question about that - he had his own style, and brought something of his own to the films, but for some reason they just didn't seem like Bond films.

The other two were very poor, it has to be said.

As for the new guy - Craig.... I can't say i've ever seen him in any other films. Going purely by the photos i've seen of him in the newspaper, I have mixed feelings. On the picture of him with his hair greased, holding the gun- he looks quite convincing - nodding more towards the original image of Bond, played by Sean Connery. On another photo I saw, however, he looked completely different - way too soft and wimpy to be at all convincing.

Of course there is more to it than appearance - it also depends on the acting - how well he can pull of Bonds personality, and whether he can bring something fresh to the films (as Roger Moore did), whilst preserving the feel of James Bond (as Roger Moore did not, for me).

All in all though, i'd have to say Connery was the best. It was very close between him and Brosnan, but Connery got extra points because he was obviously the original Bond, and therefor set the standard.

EDIT: And slightly unrelated - who agrees that Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 was an absolute cracker of a game? I've been meaning to dig out my N64 for a while, just to play it.