View Single Post
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Lol, it is not Community because Communism is based on a high level of control from a central government out into republic government and so on down the food chain, over the entire country. Personally I'm a great fan of the central government and closed-economy represented in Communism. Just not too fond of the lack of meritocracy. Nobody wants to go into my Political ideals though :P

Open Source has no control; it is Anarchistic; nobody has control. Just Factions, fighting it out for control of their area, or a larger area, with wars within factions for leader and wars between factions for destruction. That is the software world that Open-Source leads to. Microsoft could be called a lumbering giant, or a monopoly if you want to stretch it. But it is a lumbering giant that keeps the software world together as it is, and keeps it simple. Not UI simple; choice simple. You would not get any singularly powerful or dominant designs in an Open-Source world, you would get hundreds, and nobody without a qualification in Computing would understand it.

Lol, but to the point, I don't use PHP; my team use PHP. They are programming with PHP, I made that decision for one simple reason, not price or superior design, not even ease of use or compatibility. Because my customers would want it and I would limit greatly the use of the Software if I did it in ASP.NET as I begun. I do intend once we have a PHP version to do one in ASP.NET though; to show it is more powerful.