View Single Post
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

I do believe there is a market for it. However I believe you way of delivery may be a little bad for making profit. $5 for 30 minutes is a horrible rate to be marketing yourself at--I'd suggest atleast $40+ an hour if you knew your CSS/XHTML and had everything planned out for the user.

There are always other options that you could look at too. Such as producing your own set of simple ebooks, or video collection of how to code/skin websites, produce unique code, etc. Then instead of an hourly wage, you could offer the entire video collection for a flat rate, with an additional per/hour rate for 'support' there after.

This way you have something outlined or something to refer to when you are teaching.

And as far as I know, there are no 'international' teaching laws. I do not know about the UK, however in America I do not believe you have to be a registered teacher unless you intend to teach in a public school? Don't quote me on that, but as far as I know it is not illegal for what you are proposing to do.