View Single Post
05-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Samshelton22 is offline Samshelton22
Software:

Samshelton22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Ultimately what has happened is a feud within the community has stopped all form of progress on a new site theme.

You cannot please everyone, you can only please a few. You have to make administrative decisions in order to create progress. Those who grumble will continue to grumble, you just have to deal with it.

But let's get back to the actual problem here - this place is dying. There is no incentive for us to come here. All I see is Artashes has purchased a dying site, made plans to make it better, but there has yet to be any sort of action. This place runs like the government, and no site (or corporation) should ever be run like the government.

A long time ago I purchased a gaming community called Slayers House. The community was dying, and I realized that. I contacted the admin of another struggling community, proposed a plan to merge our communities together, and we did. The new community was called Villain Gaming, and it was bustling with activity until I decided I didn't want to be a part of it anymore to work on Zems full-time (http://www.zems.com) and then left it to the other admin, who pretty much let it die.

Part of why Villain Gaming was successful for a short time was because I encouraged marketing. This means I brought on board a graphics artist from within the community to create sigs, wallpapers, etc. and that brought traffic from places like deviantArt, reddit, other gaming sites, etc. We as a community pitched in to fund our own VG clan for Red Alert 3, and they placed in the top 15 the first month of RA3 clan wars.

I have little to no experience on how to run a freelance forum or how to market it. I'm just saying that this place is obviously dying and that eventually TF will follow suit in the shadow of ClanTemplates (when I go to clan templates.com, I get a database error, meaning the admins don't even care anymore about the site). In case you didn't know, ClanTemplates used to be a bustling site for gamers and web devs alike, and the marketplace used to be bustling just like TF's marketplace.

Times are changing, and if you can't compete then you die. If you don't know how to compete, well then there's your first problem and you need to do research on how to fix it.

Thanked by:
Artashes (05-05-2012)