View Single Post
06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Sam Granger View Post
My aim is not to sell it to a company though. I doubt Pixelmator is interested in PixelmatorTutorials.com for example. It can only help their users, and I'd be selling it to someone who'd develop it into a tutorial site (only promotion really).

True about typosquatting btw, not a real fan of it myself, I dont do typo domains.
Selling it to a company/person same thing. Someone who wants to buy it to earn revenue for themselves. Believe me Sam, it will catch up with you one day. Pixelmator are a limited company. If they look you up on a whois server, they will see straight away no organisation name, just a sole person with full address. If they take you too court, you will have to defend yourself as a single person, if the **** hits the fan for them, they are a limited company, that means the company owes you money, and for you, well, you owe them whatever deemed.

I'd say Pixelmator.net is close to typosquatting aswell and they're probably already on to you.

A real expert in domains knows to stay well clear of ****ing about with company names, and I am sorry to be harsh, but if you don't clear yourself of these domains you could be in big trouble.

Just take it from experience, please, and by that, I mean yes, I have had this kind of issue myself.

Edit: About what you said about Pixelmator not wanting PixelmatorTutorials.com, well you're right, but that's not the point, they just want to burn you for using it. Do you think Speiberg really wanted DreamworkzWeb.com to open his own web design company changing the 's' to a 'z' in his company name? I don't think so....

The fact will remain that they are entitled to any domain with 'Pixelmator' or a representation of it if they trademark which they haven't yet.