View Single Post
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old  MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!

It disappoints me to have to say this but the behavior of some people within our MarketPlace has really gotten out of hand. Today alone 3 people have received bans and a further 3 have been given infractions for breaking MarketPlace rules and it really needs to stop.

So from now on, until this problem is under control, anyone who I see deliberately ruining peoples sales threads will receive an automatic temporary ban. That may sound harsh but I think we can all agree that peoples attitudes in the MarketPlace has seriously gotten bad and we need to do something about it now.

So what classes as trashing a sale thread?
  • Telling people there sale is only worth $x amount not $xxx amount
  • Making negative comments about the item being sold
  • Making negative comments about the seller
To put it simply, if you are not interested in somebody's sale thread then do not post in the sale thread.

I would also like to ask sellers to start and take more care of their own threads. If you are receiving negative comments in your sale thread then use the report button and let us know or even send me or another member of staff a PM and we will take care of it for you.

The MarketPlace is huge part of TalkFreelance and the introduction of the budget forums is having a positive effect on it I think we can agree but it's down to the members to take care of our MarketPlace. Us staff members can clean up threads and give out infractions until we are blue in the face but if the members don't take care of the MarketPlace then there is nothing we can really do about it.

If you use the MarketPlace then follow the rules and take care of it, it's as much benefit to you to keep the place ruining nicely as it is to everyone else.

I hope you all take this in and try your best to help TalkFreelance's MarketPlace run, and grow, nicely.

On another note I'd also just like to remind members to always try and use the correct forum (ie normal or budget) when creating a thread. If you are unsure as to which form your thread belongs in always feel free to ask a member of staff or use the questions forum.

I would also like to solve the confusion surrounding the number of threads members can make within the MarketPlace. The rule is 1 thread per 5 days in each MarketPlace section.

Thanks a lot everyone,