View Single Post
06-27-2020, 03:52 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by moreilly View Post
Is the owner of TFL willing to sell this place? I remember TF at it's peak when contests were happening and we still were using the old Tarun Hari skin.

I'd love to buy this place and get it back to it's glory days. With the help of the established members, moderators and admins of course.

He's probably not checking here too often but his name is Artashes Toumanov. He does use LinkedIn. He is the sole runner of the site at this point. Good luck with the rest of the former staff; I'm not interested, I can't speak for Salathe (but wouldn't hold my breath) and everyone else hasn't been involved for over ten years. Keep in mind I was the last staff member to leave and that happened in 2013, that's how long we've been abandoned outside of a few promises that never materialized.

What I'm getting at is TF is a lost cause. The age of the independent forum is long gone (killed by Reddit, Stack Overflow, Discord and others) and this particular website crossed the point of no return years ago. 2006/2007 TF is never coming back. The archived content here is worthless due to age, it's been almost a decade since non-spammers have joined and I don't think many of the old regulars would even come back, not in a serious capacity anyways.

Even switch to the legacy theme and tell me what you think in 2020 (dropdown menu immediately above the forum stats on the left). I like it more than this theme, but it very much looks like a mid 2000s forum.

Thanked by:
moreilly (07-05-2020)