View Single Post
04-09-2010, 12:05 AM
dcarmichael is offline dcarmichael
Expertise: Design / Photography /
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator

dcarmichael is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to dcarmichael

Old

I live in Las Vegas. I'm working on getting a very simple business license. Las Vegas has a service (Business Center of Nevada) which helps set people up with the correct type of business lic and also handles business lic transfers and such. I walked in, explained to a rep what I was interested in doing. She told me the correct county and state forms to fill out and suggested I keep it simple knowing that my web design business would not sell "tangible" goods, so I would only - need a "home business" license. The cost was under $300.00 as far as forms processing.
I guess my point is that if you’re not sure about what type of business from a “legal” perspective, check your local chamber of commerce and see if there are any similar resources in your area. Deciding what to do with your business is another topic.
I personally have a very good idea of what I want to do in my business..but was confused about things such as licensing and contracts. I’m working with a lawyer now to finalize my contract template and though that may not be required, It makes me feel better.

Thanks hope this helps!