View Single Post
01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Dante is offline Dante
Expertise:
Software:

Dante is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by willb View Post
Dante - I think there is confusion, the marketing rights are to promote a new SEO product that we have been working on not a competeing website, so the McDonalds analogy would be closer to them promoting Disney films when you visit their restaurants.
A quick view of the forum topics area on the SEO web site clearly indicates overlap of subject matter between it and TFL. That site also targets an audience that is absolutely related to the target audience here at TFL.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or argumentative....I'm simply giving you my perspective on this, as if I were a potential buyer. This would be a complete deal breaker for me guys....And I'm speaking as someone who once owned a community forum that generated 30 GB/month in traffic, and as someone well aware of how difficult it is to not only grow a forum, but maintain one as well.

With similar subject matter, and a common audience, I would be completely turned off by the idea that after I pay you $5,000 for the web site, that I'd be expected to take actions that would potentially risk steering my inherited audience away from the site I just bought.

I really believe you guys should re-think this position of yours, but that is only my opinion. Do with it what you wish.