View Single Post
06-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

nomatch, I appreciate such a nice message, especially coming from a member who has been at TF for such a long time. You have certainly made my month (not even a day)! So it'll definitely keep the motivation high and fuel the desire to keep trucking forward.

As you mentioned, Peter has the right to his opinion, as do you, and everyone else. I don't think he has stated something that is shocking. Fact of the matter is that he is not alone to think and feel that way about the current state of the forum. But Peter has also given his best effort since re-joining the team and he has done some very honest and fair work while he was a part of staff. Everyone knows that. Certainly it hurts me to see older members being disappointed and seeing them voice it publicly, but that is healthy part of the process that we have to go through. It would be great to have more support and more involvement by members, but it is what it is. If anything, it serves as another kick in the butt and reminds me to work harder and with better focus. A good sign is that I still receive PMs from members (both old and young) willing to step in and help.

We currently have outlined 5 things/projects which we are focusing on, some of them will be visible changes, some will be introduced behind the scenes, but all are designed to improve the quality of the community in the long run. All of these tasks are also independent events, which means we can have different groups of people working on all 5 tasks simultaneously, so the next few weeks should be interesting.