View Single Post
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Chris Suyeda is offline Chris Suyeda
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Suyeda is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Suyeda Send a message via MSN to Chris Suyeda Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Suyeda

Old

Have you ever thought about approaching local businesses? One way I found work was finding business with 'dated' company logos or websites. If you want to start small, I suggest you find a local business with a company logo you can improve. Come up with a few mock designs to present, along with reasons why they should make the change from their old site logo to the one you have created.

It's important to ensure that they are still actively using their website. Otherwise, you could have created a masterpiece, but they could care less because they no longer use their website for their business.

If they like your design and are willing to incorporate your new logo, you can being a little more bold and offer a complete redesign of their company website. Make sure to have your portfolio handy!

If you don't have a portfolio just yet, consider completing this project for a very reasonable price to help build your reputation, your portfolio, and gain more experience. While we all have bills to pay at the end of the day, there is nothing more valuable then the experience you take away with communicating with a client you the time you put into a project.

Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Thanked by:
emeyex (08-10-2011)