View Single Post
08-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Chris Suyeda is offline Chris Suyeda
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Suyeda is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Suyeda Send a message via MSN to Chris Suyeda Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Suyeda

Old

You're very welcome! Glad to be of some help.

Yes, that is one way about contacting them, but make sure you don't come off like a robot. Try to be personal with them and introduce a little about yourself. If you like the product/restaurant/service they offer at your community -- say so! A few genuine compliments can go a long way, but also include why you think a site/logo redesign would benefit their company.

If you're willing, take on a few local projects for free and build a portfolio based off your local projects only. When I first started contacting local business (in person and online), I got turned down several times. I decided that I would take on a few projects for the local business free-of-charge to build somewhat of a 'local reputation.' Now that I had these 3-5 local logo redesigns completed, other businesses were more willing to listen to what I had to say and if they weren't currently interested they had ensured me they would contact me when they were.

Hope that helps! Good luck!