View Single Post
01-21-2012, 05:08 PM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
That's the exact mentality that gets acts like the National Defense Authorization Act put into law. If it weren't for the 18th SOPA would have certianly passed in the house, it still might. Hollywood basically bought this, take a look at the money trail for SOPA and PIPA. Obama has gotten over $9,000,000 from them since he was campaigning in '08 (to my understanding, I don't know that for certain). The public outcry is all that changed any of this. More than just knowing these bills most of the people I've talked to see the closed-door deals that our elected officials on both sides of the political fence make.

Even though this bill was killed it will find its way in another amendment. Remember, it's already been paid for. It's up to the people to watch the government and know that bad bills will go though if they do not vote accordingly.
I don't know, I signed the google petition, not sure what more I can do. I just feel like that internet already happened, it's to late to take it away. I can't see people sitting back and letting that happen. All the biggest sites are against it and shit so we do have a voice. I think the US people would go crazy if it took effect all of a sudden. I think there would be a huge backlash. I would probably move to Canada haha.