View Single Post
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
the matt is offline the matt
Expertise:
Software:

the matt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to the matt

Old  Another Wordpress Question

Okay I don't know if anyone here will know a solution to this but I'll try to explain in the simplest way I can.

I have a site running on Wordpress. The site is split up into, lets say 3 categories (California, Florida, New York). Lets say you click "California", it will obviously list all the posts under California.

Now I want to refine the posts even further so I have a tag list in the sidebar that says....San Diego, San Francisco, & Los Angeles. I click San Diego and it will obviously list the posts under San Diego.

See this is the pretty cheap & easy way that I could use Wordpress categories & tags to sort of filter out posts based on locations. But the problem is that if I place a list for tags in the sidebar, it will remain the same across the site. So if you are under the Florida category, you will still be seeing cities in California.

Does anyone have a solution to be able to create tags lists based on categories or would I have to create a page/sidebar template for each category?

Any plugins?

Sorry if its an obvious question or I dont make sense, my brain is fried at the moment

Thanks!