View Single Post
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
I really like how it all works together. "Edition Nostalgie" element looks great. However, I think that the typography choice below (information about the event part) could have been better, more trendy.
i disagree, i think it's too complicated already. display fonts and effects are great for headlines and getting attention, but for the fine print / details you want it to be as simple as possible so people can clearly read and absorb the information. think of any movie poster you've ever seen? the bottom is black @ something like 40%, and it's set in an ultra-condensed family simply to hold the massive amount of information.

i said in another thread, i generally hate any use of century gothic - i don't like the outlines and think there are better alternatives with the same design characteristics - but in this case, a simple gothic font choice is great for secondary information. i would axe the felt-tip look, keep it all gothic and regular casing, and rely on different weights to isolate important information.