View Single Post
04-16-2006, 11:55 PM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

He has no intention on paying any money what so ever, period. This is the third or fourth time he has asked me, I tell him that I don't have hours to waste on his project and that webdesign and development doesn't come free. This time I decided to reiterate my point by using example existing Australian companies to try and make him understand that finding someone to design a very graphically intense website, develop it then do weekly updates on it for free is very, very difficult. His clan has disbanded twice now - another reason for me not wanting to waste my time on a website that will probally last less than two months, and have very little traffic throughout that time.

His parent's own a real estate business, each time he has asked I have told him that his parents don't just give away houses as a favour or to people they know... On previous occasions I have asked him if they would be able to provide me with advertising on their flyers, and ad space in the paper - answer being no, it's not worth it.

A clan website, of the quality he was expecting (for free) is a very tall ask. Team 3D's website, which is of similar quality however came with a database driven backend (which my friend wants, however, does not want a database backend, just me to update it every time they play or have news) cost big money.

I know I came off as an ass hat, however, it does get annoying having the same person ask a multitude of times for a free service that I am not willing to give. Thank you for all that gave constructive critism...