View Single Post
09-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Just to update you guys that Discourse turned out to be a real challenge and we faced a number of issues, but looks like we are ironing them out and getting closer to release. Cannot yet provide a specific date, but we are talking about just a few days.

We are just going to throw it out there and continue with the modifications as we go.
Hope you manage to pull off the transformation Artashes. I also occasionally pop by here to see if TF has risen from the ashes. I agree with a lot of what you have said about forums and their decline in general - you only really need to look at vBulletin as a company to see how forums in that traditional format have fallen into decline. I think you still have the core of a solid community here though, and the people who occasionally pop back to see what has happened are testament to that. I think one of the hardest parts to getting any community off the ground is getting that good initial core - but I think you still have that, so you should use it.

Your honest thoughts on why you believe your initial TF transition failed is interesting, but in the world of IT I think it happens all the time - one thing I have learnt is to never give any expected dates with regards to IT projects!

A good read on how to help mitigate against the planning fallacy https://hbr.org/2012/08/the-planning-fallacy-and-the-i

Thanked by:
Artashes (10-29-2017)