View Single Post
09-13-2010, 07:11 PM
adbox is offline adbox
Software:

adbox is on a distinguished road

Old

Latest Updates 7.0.0.2 ---

Thanks for being part of BlogSense! There is some very important information in this newsletter so lets get started.

Custom Source Profiles
We’ve added in backup-scrape parameters. What this means is now instead of 1 set of beginning and end codes for Title and Content grabbing, we can now program 3 sets of beginning and end codes. This will help us conquer sources who’s templating systems jump around such as Yahoo News (Which has also been improved in this version by using the backup parameters feature).

In addition, Wildcards can now be used to represent dynamic parts of html code. To call a wild card use this token: %wildcard%. These wildcards can be used in Source Scraping and RSS Full Content Scraping.
Example of Wildcard use:

begin-code: class=’sailboats_%wildcard%’ id=’%wildcard%’>
Improved Post Templating
I’ve completely restructured the way post templating is handled by removing header,footer,and title template profiles and having these templates editable directly in the area where we create a campaign.

This includes having the hook buttons (which allow creating manually selected pools of video or image content to include at random into posts) as well as BlogSense’s own automatic-content tokens (Amazon Widget Token, Amazon Content Token, Ebay Widget Token, Youtube Video Token)… and have even added in token integrations for phpBay and phpZon.

In addition to the above mentioned integrations, BlogSense also now gives the user the ability to create custom %tokens% that will be replaced by user defined content.

We might also see soon the integration of WP Robot Tokens and WP Mage Tokens as this is a major direction I’ve decided to take BlogSense in; an administration platform that detects and integrates the power of the other highly celebrated auto-content solutions.

BIG NOTE: Header Profiles, Footer Profiles, and Title Template Profiles WILL NOT carry over from 6.0.x.x to 7.0.x.x. Campaigns that make use of these will have to be re-dressed.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
(Mass Keyword Affects)
This feature has been improved and is running at top performance now.
Added title=keyword to a href links.

(Mass Search & Replace)
Now shows post ids of affected items after replacement.

(Yahoo Answers)
Improved preview mode to show answers.

(Twitter)
Basic Authentication was canceled for Twitter. We had to implement oAuth standards to bring Twitter posting back online. YOU WILL HAVE TO DELETE AND RE-ADD TWITTER ACCOUNTS. I’m sorry, there is nothing better I can do.

(Internal Code Structure)
Now we are using Wordpress functions to add posts to the database, rather than custom queries. I’m hoping this does not bring us any trouble, but as a development decision it was necessary for non-English Wordpress Installs.