Thread: SEO's
View Single Post
08-04-2011, 02:23 AM
JRayers is offline JRayers
Software:

JRayers is on a distinguished road

Old

That is actually a pretty interesting thought. Certainly domain expiry dates are easily available through Whois, and if anybody has the capability to do queries on a mass scale it would be Google.

In reality I can only imagine that the length of time that a domain has been registered is a much more valuable attribute than the length of time it will be registered. Even if a domain is registered for 10 years in advance I'm sure the Google engineers would be aware that not all such domains will provide valuable content. While it's not impossible they might give some weight to these advance-registered domains I suspect it has a non-existent or negligible effect in the overall algorithm.

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
That is a very interesting perspective that I have never thought about. Obviously, I think that Google appreciates older domains, but I am not sure they are able to monitor that data at time of registration. Also, I rarely myself renew for longer than 1 year (in rare instances I'd go for a 2-year term), just to control the yearly domain expenses. That doesn't mean the domains themselves are young - some of them are 10+ years old. Do you think this is a factor?