View Single Post
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Digit is offline Digit
Expertise:
Software:

Digit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Digit Send a message via MSN to Digit

Old

1. The show in its current state isn’t worth a subscription fee - I actually listened to each and every show and enjoyed it. However, there was a lot of cutting up and not much actual meaty information. I really liked the fun in the show, but I certainly wouldn’t pay for it.
That's the point....this show will be a lot more to the point, and less jokes. The free podcast will still be running.

3. $15/mo is very expensive for access to a weekly podcast - Not much more to say about this, it’s just really expensive for access to a once a week podcast.
It's a podcast, monthly chat, and a private forum.

4. He’s going to lose a LOT of listeners - In my opinion, the air exposure Lee could have exploited by a massively downloaded free podcast far outweighs the immediate revenue he’ll be seeing from the paid subscriptions. With this move he’s basically eliminated any value in having a plug on his show. What’s the point of advertising to the same 250 people every week? When you compare that to the potential thousands he could eventually reach with a free show, I think he’s really going to be losing out.
As I stated earlier, the other podcast will still be running. The point of having this small and paid, is that this is for the point of paying. He's looking for people willing to dish out the $15 to make their forums better. This weeds out a lot of people. I also like the idea of keeping it small.

Just to note: I'm not really defending Lee or his idea. For all I know, the podcast could really suck when it starts, but I think it's worth a look.