View Single Post
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
adbox is offline adbox
Software:

adbox is on a distinguished road

Old  8.7.5.1 - Autocategorization & Remote Publishing

Here we go.

The one feature I needed:
Added two new token variables %image_1% and %image_2%, which will search the %postbody% token and return the first and second SRC URL’s found. I needed it because I use creating excerpts out of full content and wanted to grab and use the first image before it was stripped out by the excerpt creation shortcode.

I also made the excerpt creation shortcode ignore <p> and <br> tags when stripping html so we have some line breaks in our generated excerpts
More Advanced Auto Categorization:
We now have the ability to make customer autocategorization filters based on keywords… saying that if we find this keyword we will put it in that category.

Remote Publishing in Campaigns
Did you know BlogSense had a Remote Publishing API? Well it does, and it’s there to replace WordPress’s default Remote Publishing API. It can be used integrations with other softwares and php scripts too.

Well for our situation, we now can use BlogSense to automatically post campaign items to other BlogSense installations through the BlogSense API. Just add API URLS to a blogsense campaign and whenever that campaign runs it will also publish to your remote blogs. You can use this feature to send content to a remote blog and even spin the content before it publishes on the remote blog.

Anyway, this is for the more advanced venturesome type, and is lightly documented… but if you need it, it’s there and not too hard to figure out.

Added by request.

Got something good to say about BlogSense?
Here’s the thread that list the areas people are wanting reviews, and your help would be greatly appreciated. For the love of testimonials

Until next time,
Hudson