Thread: Partnerships
View Single Post
08-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Michael Scott is offline Michael Scott
Software:

Michael Scott is on a distinguished road

Old

Interesting view ryan,

1: Partnerships are often formed without prior friendship. It doesn't take a people long to get to know each other, and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Time-zones are not an issue for me. As I live in New Zealand (Which is 12 hours ahead of GMT) I have to work alot around email. With internet communication, such as email, users need not be online at the same time. It also see's that users come across with more meaningfull messaging - rather than Instant Messaging, such as MSN or ICQ.

2: Trust is an important factor and I agree. There are many methods I look for a persons trust, but my key one is the fact that they follow their own guidelines; Setting their own completion date, and producing a final product by then.

Trust is something which is very much deprived in todays world of technology. You have many examples of trust being broken in everything from Government, to large coporate bodies, to small corner-stores. Trust is laid out by me to other users. If I feel that I cannot trust them, I do not ask for their assistance, or support.

3: Time investment is all I feel that needs to be thought over hard. I put alot of time into my personal projects, and I often record this time. I don't do it for so much as future reference, but more for personal evaluation. At this stage I do not want to me wasting time doing something, when in fact I could be doing it in a lot less time - with more benefits. Other investments are just paper. The fact that money is such a controversial item in todays world shows the difference between freedom and slavery.

Thank you for reading my views.