View Single Post
07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
whateverdood is offline whateverdood
Expertise: tech god
Software:

whateverdood is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by chaka42 View Post
Actually, leaving out or omitting information, is a lie.

"Lying by omission
One lies by omission by omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. An example is when the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service. Propaganda is an example of lying by omission."
Wikipedia
Feel this is a fantastic point chaka. And a major piece of the picture as regards what I was trying to start discussion on. When there are critical things, of vital importance happening. And someone intentionally excludes telling anyone about it. In my opinion, its not only deception ... its betrayal. On the scale its happening now ... Would feel safe to say, its not only betrayal ( of public trust ). Its criminal ... aka: crime against humanity. Could just be my opinion though.

(edit) Interesting analogy folks ... what do you call someone who knows a heinous crime has been committed. But helps to cover it up, gives aid and comfort to the perpetrators ? And does everything they can. To help said lowlifes escape justice ? Just saying ... something to think about perhaps.

Also: " Thats Horrible. But how do you know this?"

Because I always ask questions poster. And prefer to think for myself etc. I agree, it is horrible and wrong on so many levels. When I really stop and think about it ... makes me wanna puke.