View Single Post
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

I think you've done a good job, much better than the last one. The only thing I'd mention is the logo - and simple graphics on the site.

To start with, the logo. The font is horrible - it looks old school - whereas the rest of the site looks very up-to-date. The color - the blue - makes it disappear. My advice (I'm no designer, but as a potential customer), make the logo stick out more - Hands-on Web Hosting is too long. Maybe brand it as simple Hands-On, with web-hosting written underneath. The icon is unmemorable and will work against you acquiring new clients in my opinion.

You're a web-hosting company. Your company should be with technology, and the logo makes me feel like you're not up-to-date. I'm not saying web hosting companies should be winning design awards, but honestly (sorry to be harsh), I wouldn't trust a company with a logo like yours to keep my web-servers up and running 99% of the time.

Sorry for the rant, you've obviously put a lot of effort into the re-build of the site. It looks much better - and my only real issue is the logo which might sound stupid. But it's your icon, its supposed to tell us who you are, and as it is, it tells us the wrong story. I think if you hire a firm to design a logo based on your real values - and the effort you've put in - along with updating some of the big graphics under the navigation - you'll certainly appeal more to people.

You're asking people to trust you with their businesses - you have to give them the ability to trust you in every aspect, even design! I feel the same way about Host Gators website - but at the end of the day, they have a more or less unlimited advertising budget, and IMO, that is why they are successful!

Anyway, good job, it looks fantastic minus the logo - I wish you the best!

EDIT: Also - the facebook/twitter/google + stuff on the right hand side has got to go. You already have the well implemented versions on the left-side.