View Single Post
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

because i want to see if it actually makes any money. i have nothing to lose. anyone that reads my blogs listens to me rant a rave anyways.

BRAND UPDATE:

i've been considering tweaking my logo for a little while now. the other day i was confronted about it by some fellow designers. back story here.

I'm not trying to abandon the concept I've created, just want to see if i can bring some more maturity to it to bring it up to the level i'm designing at now:

http://creative.vectorthis.com/newsite/rnd2.png

there things i like about all of them:

1 (top left). big, bold, obvious. the negative pops and says "i'm vectorthis.com!". it's also the closest to the original concept.

2 (underneath). thin, streamlined. the italics points to forward/modern thinking, and the smoothness of the root sign gives it a sense of elegance. it also provides the options of drawing in anchor points without cluttering up the design. which takes the concept a step further.

3 (top right). sharp, bold, literal. like the first option, the sharp root sign is bold and brings a sense of power/authority to the mix. the italic version also provides the forward thinking angle. drawbacks are previous concepts were more ambiguous a to what the graphic representation was, V, check mark, something abstract. etc and people could actually think the root is impactful on the brand name.

each have pros that strengthen its execution. not sure which i like best yet.