View Single Post
04-07-2012, 04:06 AM
jasonm56 is offline jasonm56
Expertise: xhtml/css, jquery, php, mysql
Software:

jasonm56 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jasonm56

Old

I think the original idea of Adam's may work. I have a very tight-nit private facebook group for internet-startup entrepreneurs. It is more focused on the business side of the things then it is on the website design and creation. It was made for bouncing ideas, generating better business and revenue models as well as general networking. I'm still working on building the group up (I just started this week). It's a great way to network with like minded invididuals. Most of them have great business skills. Some have been project managers for very successful start-ups. One owns a finance site and makes 400k a year. One is a successful e-bayer. It's quite a diverse group (even though there is only 6 of us lol).

My main question is how would freelancers help each other? Especially an elite group vs a regular open forum one? Many of the people on here just offer certain services and don't seem to be in the actual business of building online business sites (freelancing is a business in itself, but I'm talking like creating services other than design, coding, seo). If most of the people are just designers and coders, what is there to offer other than those 2 things?

don't get me wrong, I would always like feedback from other individuals, but would it be that necessary to create some sort of elite group for it? Chances are if you are that knowledgeable and good at something you don't need others opinions.

Thanked by:
Artashes (04-07-2012)