11-25-2006, 03:18 AM
ambience is offline ambience
Expertise:
Software:

ambience is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ambience Send a message via MSN to ambience

Old  Word of advice

I have found this the hard way.

If you have a site that is big or getting big, don't go with those cheap 2 man small hosting companies. I know might be common sense but I thought Brius might be different. Seems not.

I run Zuneinfo.com and i have always been going over bandwidth and having to upgrade. When zune was released traffic really picked up, and I was told by them that they would watch the bandwidth and if got close to going over would auto upgrade me and bill me at end of month. Yet they did not do this and now my site has been down for 24 hours. Because of them. They say on their site "24/7 support" well i submitted a ticket close to 16 hours ago, and the only thing i got was Bryan saying he would give me a few more gigs of BW then he went off line with in a few mins. What a surprise, he didn't do it and my site continues to stay down.

So I am now moving over to Media Temple who offers true 24/7 support which is what is needed. Hosting companies should not miss lead customers by offering things they can not provide, saying can do 24/7 support and not being able to is very miss leading. What even makes me more madder is that I have worked really hard to get good SE ranking for the term "Zune" and few days ago I had got some results i liked, #4 in yahoo and #7 in google, these are now likely to full as my site will be down for around 24 hours + thanks to this hosting.

So small cheap hosting companies might be good for small personal blogs, just if you have a big site, Learn if not already have from my mistakes and put it on a well known hoster where you wont have this problems.