View Single Post
01-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
Obviously he came here to find a thread about him. If you sent a private message he would have the same message, and less troubles.
When a designer does not deliver, or any entrepreneur in general, the community deserves to know who to trust and who to stay away. I was long gone here for a couple months, and missed the thread that is being referenced, but I still think things apply.

A good designer is not the excellent designs he or she makes, but the way they treat the customer and how they present themselves in front of others on the internet.

When a client gets irritated enough to post a thread about their undelivered product, then there has to be something up.

----------

I agree with mn. This community has changed wholly since I joined back in I think April 05? Robson ran a great and well developing community (Not saying Zee is not, it's just that Zee is not the PR guy that Robson was). From lurking around here and from a couple friends and clients that lurk here occasionally, I have found that much of the staff now do not have the maturity, experience, or wisdom to moderate and control a large community (I will not point any fingers, some have done a great job as well).

I have seen threads bashing individual members, with some staff, instead of controlling it, joining in. I have seen designs critiqued in the Gallery with no construction, just negative, almost attacking criticism.

The authoritative thing will not work in an interactive community. The members are what power the community. Albeit not as powerful in terms of moderation as the staff are, without the general community, all TFL would be is an empty shell.

I am not personally attacking anyone, I am just addressing my viewpoint on this as a whole.