Thread: SEO Question
View Single Post
02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Adarme is offline Adarme
Software: Firefox, notepad

Adarme is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by krymson View Post
I'm going to half agree with what she said. As i monitor all the seo for my clients sites your rankings are going to fluctuate. But the fact that your site has been dropped off the radar then something is wrong. Sometimes some of my KW (key words) fluctuate +/- 20 positions depending on competition. For my website my KW, affordable web design houston, one week will be at 75 and the next week 100+ and i have not touched anything on my site besides twitter posts and the once a week blog post. Being that my domain is still a "baby" less than a year old... less than 6 months I expect there to be some major fluctuations but if your site has been established for a few years and hasnt changes much over the years then you should not be fluctuating much MAYBE +/- 10 spots but nothing more (which equals a 1 page difference) if you were on the first page then you should go no lower than the second page. I would take a look into it because you could be dealing with someone who claims they know SEO jut because they know how to use title tags, meta, headers, and alts, but they dont know how to maintain the rankings.
I am afraid I have to agree with this. Google dance really only affects new websites when they add a lot of backlinks in a short period of time. If your website is a few years old you should be immune from the dance.
Try and find out what backlinking methods your "expert" is using.