View Single Post
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
michael.james.swan is offline michael.james.swan
Expertise: Website Hosting
Software: Dreamweaver

michael.james.swan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by andrej View Post
I'm with Bluehost already around 2 years and am satisfied with them so far.

I see that you say you have been hosting with them for around two years.

Firstly,would you kindly provide us with your website urls, so we can check the DNS History and confirm that?

Secondly, on your website HostYeah(dot)Com, I see that you have written a few paragraphs about BlueHost, and state at the bottom of the website;

Disclosure: BlueHost does not pay me for this review. I suggest you to use BlueHost as I have used their services for long time. However, you will support me if you will use my affiliate link as I will be paid a commission.
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: HOSTYEAH.COM

Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BLUEHOST.COM
NS2.BLUEHOST.COM

For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.as...n=HOSTYEAH.COM

Information Updated: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:01:25 UTC

BUT, for a website designer, that website has ONLY ONE PAGE, very little content and two AFFILIATE Links to your BlueHost Affiliate Account.

Using their services for a one page website, is not a REAL test of character for a website hosting company, as I can run a one page (even wordpress) website on a Windows 2000 server which I picked up for £150 secondhand.

This is not me "bashing" you... This is a case of "trial and error" and showing that there is always "more than meets the eye".

That is why, I write long posts like this, so that I can find all the relevant information, compile it and write a detailed post for our members to read so that they are truly informed.

NOW, if (for example) you were to write an article about a website hosting company that did not have an affiliate scheme (as per say) and you gave it a good review and there were similar reviews (from reputable sites) to back your claim up, then I "we" would be more inclined to pay more attention to the facts that you have provided and any supporting statements you may make.

I see you have been a member here since 2007, yet only have a total of 22 posts...

Why is that?

Best Regards,
Michael James Swan