03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Eightloop View Post
Salathe, correct me if I'm wrong, but modifying the template is only allowed if the attribution remains intact. Unfortunately, the links he's trying to remove are "designed by"-links (especially the last one) and this would be against the conditions of this CC license.
You're wrong. The attribution must be present of course, that is a very fundamental aspect of the license! However, the hyperlinks in the HTML footer aren't that. The full license document clearly stipulates what is and is not required in the form of attribution. As with all of these things, if in doubt ask a legal professional (if you've got a copyright lawyer friend, go prod him/her).

Originally Posted by Eightloop View Post
As Salathe said, an experienced person should be able to remove the links for you.
The template author does go to some trouble (not a lot) to try and preserve the footer links, as Svenbrian already saw. However, it's no trouble for someone moderately familiar with PHP and/or codes Wordpress templates/plugins (or it may be some trouble, I find it hard to gauge these things sometimes).