View Single Post
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
This is what I was refering to with my response. Yes, anyone can program and design, but i've only met a few people who can actually code to high standards (Not just html, i'm talking php/mysql/c++) and design as well!
i rest by my previous repsonse. i wasn't limiting myself just to html and simple layout design. i may be one of the few, but i have a good grasp on photoshop and interface design as well as client and serverside coding - at the moment i just know (x)html, css, some javascript and php/MySQL =>but that's just right now, i plan on expanding into new languages and databse systems (on and off the web) i just did the smart thing and started with the easy ones. c++ would be on my list of things to do if i had any use for it.

programming requires logic - the creativty from design gives one the ability to apply said logic to solutions => the reason why you're apply the logic. in the real world it's rare to both outline and design what is to be built (even software design not just graphics) and then do the mechanics to make it. in most cases the project manager defines what it to be built (creative work) and the programmers build to the given insturctions. it's still entirely possible to do both, it's just easier to stick to one.

the same "logic" applies to design. the design/project manager outlines what is to be built => heade here with child in corner, gel looking menu here + gloss effect . . etc. the graphic designer just puts to and two together and makes it. it's just like writing the function to carry out the command.

everything is creative and logical @ the same time. some just dont' see it as easily as others. i think it's like writing music. writing music is a lot harder then playing music, but it's still entirely possible for one to write it and play it.